Aviation/Management/Aircraft Mechanic/Manager/Supervisor/Power Plants
Ramon Leon Bolaños
I am a professional aircraft mechanic with over 13 years of experience in Naval Aviation Maintenance, Policies and Procedure, who possess the skills and the ability need it to lead, train and manages personnel, manage production and workloads
I have strong knowledge in programs like Hazardous Waste Management, Safety, FOD, ORM, Supply, Security, Training, Tool Control, Microsoft, NALCOMIS and Time Management. I can also navigate very well the COMNAVAIRFORINST 4790.2B and utilize IETM’s for training and maintenance purposes. I can read and understand engine schematics, fuel and electrical diagrams, troubleshooting charts, aircraft data and technical manuals. I can inspect, rig, adjust, test, check and repair engines, propellers and associated systems, performs scheduled and unscheduled maintenance and pre and post-flight inspections.
Some of my work experiences includes LPO AIMD NAF Atsugi, Japan Engine Test Cell for F404-GE-400/402 & F414-GE-400 types of engines, T-56-A-14 Test Cell Operator/Instructor, Power Plants Work Center LPO, Lead mechanic, Quality Assurance, Collateral Duty Inspector, Troubleshooter, F/A-18C NATOPS instructor (ground), Facilities Manager, Plane Captain and more.
I am meticulous and dedicated with a very well develop solving problems skill. I always evaluate complex situations thoroughly to implements
efficient solutions. I can perform very well working under pressure, tension, and other extreme physical and/or environmental factors. I am a result-oriented professional that always coordinates with all levels of an organization to ensure prompt and accurate completion of projects. I mentor teams to foster an environment of collaboration and enhance functionality. I am overall a safety conscious leader who adapts very well to any changing work environment.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE (CIVILIAN)
M1 SUPPORT SERVICES
FRCSE Naval Air Station
Operator (Civilian Contractor) MAY-JUL, 2013
Performed out-of-frame T-56-A-14 engine runs to evaluated engine performance in an outdoors Test Cell environment.
FlightStar Aircraft Services
Cecil Field, FL
Aircraft Mechanic. MAR-MAY, 2013
Performed phase C maintenance on Boing 737 type of aircraft.
UNITED STATES NAVY, 1999-2012
AVIATION INTERMEDIATE MAINTENANCE DETACHMENT, Atsugi, Japan
Shop Supervisor Engine Test Cell, Facility Manager, 2010-2012
Led six military technicians and two Japanese Master Labor Contractors performing test, checks, and troubleshooting of F-404-GE-400/402 and F-414-GE-400 type of engines. Monitored and supervised the upkeep of Test Cell facilities, JETI and related support equipment. Functioned as facilities manager/liaison responsible for coordinating scheduled and unscheduled maintenance with local contracting company and NAVFAC.
- Assisted and supervised eight maintenance technicians in testing, checking and certifying Ready For Issue (RFI), 5 F400-GE-402 and 22 F414-GE-400 types of engines, yielding 1,800 production man-hours, resulting in 99% production efficiency rating in direct support of deployed units in Fifth and Seventh Fleet’s area of operations.
- Coordinated and supervised the removal and replacement of seven high-power deck fittings,providing the highest level of readiness in support of Carrier Air Wing Five. .
- Flawlessly initiated and completed five Broad Arrow messages. .
- Ensured technicians and contractors maintained strict compliance with established maintenance programs, procedures, Japanese law, and local command instructions, resulting in engine test facilities, fuel surveillance, hazardous materials, foreign object damage (FOD), technical library and gas turbine maintenance programs were graded “on-track” with zero discrepancies during 2010 Aviation Maintenance Management Team inspection
- Directly contributed to the troubleshooting and repair of critical Test Cell engine air start system, returning test cell facility to full operation status with minimal down time.
STRIKE FIGHTER SQUADRON 131, Virginia Beach, Virginia
Night Shift Supervisor, 2007-2010
Led and supervised 13 mechanics performing scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on ten F/A-18C aircraft. Served as Quality Assurance Advisor, Collateral Duty Inspector (CDI), Flight deck primary shooter, as well as aircraft ground turn-up low power and high-power instructor.
- Meticulously led and instructed technicians during the inspection, removal, and installation of 252 F404-GE-402 engines, 103 generator converter units and 9 fuel cells restoring ten F/A-18C aircraft to full mission capable, directly contributing to 98% combat mission completion rate.
- Guided and supervised 11 technicians during the replacement of seven auxiliary power units (APUs) and 12 Airframe Mounted Accessory Drive gearbox (AMAD) in minimal time, maximizing aircraft availability during extremely high-tempo flight operations.
- Revised and rectified over 1,500 maintenance discrepancies, reducing maintenance backlog by 45%, maximizing aircraft availability, resulting in a 97% mission completion rate, supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.
- Satisfactory initiated and completed four Engineering Investigation, two Technical Publication Deficiency Report, five Quality Deficiency Reports, and verified and incorporated several Technical Directives.
AVIATION INTERMEDIATE MAINTENANCE DETACHMENT, Jacksonville, Florida
Work Center Supervisor, Test Cell Operator/Instructor, 2004-2007
Led the troubleshooting, test, and evaluation of several T-56-A-14 turboprop engines and 54H-60 propeller components in an outdoors Test Cell environment, providing guidance and supervision for five military and two DynCorp civilian contractors during the performance of scheduled and unscheduled, preventive/corrective maintenance on test equipment, engines test stands and facilities.
- Directly responsible for the final evaluation and for certifying “ready for issue” of 57 T56-A-14 Turboprop engines, consistently exceeding Commander Naval Air Forces production goals, and enabling zero bare firewall count throughout Atlantic/Med sea P-3 Fleet.
- Served as a qualified T56-A-14 Test Cell Operator/ Instructors, directly responsible for the training and qualification of five senior technicians.
- Initiated and completed three Technical Publication Deficiency Report.
- Recognized as experienced maintenance supervisor with vast knowledge of T56-A-14 engines. Directly responsible for a 35% decrease in time to reliably replenish 12 engines.
STRIKE FIGHTER SQUADRON 34, Virginia Beach, Virginia
Plane Captain, F/A-18 Mechanic, 1999-2003
Served as a plane captain and power plant’s technician supporting daily flight operations, performing scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on 12 F/A-18C aircraft.
- Performed over 1,968 turnaround inspections and 792 daily inspections resulting in the squadron completing all missions safely in support of Operations “Southern Watch” and “Enduring Freedom”
- Collected and inspected over 123,552 fuel samples for evaluation as part of the Naval Aviation Fuel Surveillance Program ensuring fuel quality directly resulting in zero down time or mishaps during flight operations.
- Provided professional development to junior technicians, training and qualifying 25 new plane captains, assisting nine others in qualifying plane captain, and qualifying 34 brake riders.
- Expeditiously salvaged and repaired 23 external fuel tanks and 2 aircraft fuel cells, resulting in 100% mission capability directly supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.
SPECIAL SCHOOLS, TRAINING, CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
MSU-200 Operator License, 2013
Twenty-Five Courses on Engine Test Cells (F404’s, F414’s, T-56-A-14 & T-700’s) Maintenance, Safety, Troubleshooting and General Knowledge, 2013
Category 2 & Cab Operated Cat 3 Crane Safety, 2013
T56-A-14 Collateral Duty Inspector ( M1 Support Services), 2013
EIRV Operator License, 2013
Forklift Operator 4-20K, 2013
Jax Airfield Vehicle Operator License, 2004/2013
Environmental Compliance Assessment, Training, and Tracking System, 2012
SERE 100.1, 2012
General Ergonomics, 2012
Personally Identifiable Information (PII), 2012
DOD Information Assurance Awareness V10, 2012
Lean and Six Sigma, Green Belt, 2011
Rigging 101, 2011
Cat 3 (Non Cab) Crane Safety, 2010
Rigging Gear Inspection, 2010
F/A-18C Throttle Rigging Procedures, 2010
ORM Aviation Fundamental and Essentials for leaders Course, 2010
Hazardous Substance Incident Response Management, 2010/2011
SOFA License (good until August 2014)
F-404 Turbofan Jet Engine First Degree Repair, 2010
Aircraft Engine Mechanic Apprenticeship, through U.S. Military Apprenticeship Program, 2009
F/A-C-D Power Plant and Related System Operational Level, 2008
IETM Presentation/Training (F/A-18 Fuel and Hydraulic Systems) by Boeing, 2007 (Voluntary participation)
Naval Aviation Logistics Command Management Information System (NALCOMIS), 2007
Optimized Organizational Maintenance Activity (OOMA), 2007
Hazardous Communications (HAZCOM) Program, 2006
Navy First Line Leadership Training, 2006
F/A-18 A/B/C/D Airborne Expendable Countermeasures, 2005
P-3 Airborne Expendable Countermeasures, 2005
Revving up Your High-performance Project Team, 2004
Managing Difficult Conversations, 2004
The Project Team Star Player, 2004
Leading Change from the Front Line, 2004
Dynamics of Leadership, 2004
Dynamic Decision Making, 2004
Defense Language Proficiency Test (DLPT) (Spanish), 2004
T-56 Turboprop and 54H60 Series- Propeller Repair, 2004
Corrosion Control School (Basic), 2001
Plane Captain School, 2001
AWARDS & HONORS
Personal Awards for Recognition of Performance:
Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal, 2001, 2003, 2007, 2009, 2012
Armed Forces Service Medal, 2012
Navy Good Conduct Medal, 2002, 2005, 2008, 2011
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, 2004
CNO Flag Letter of Commendation, 2002
National Defense Medal, 2001
CAG & CO’s Letter of Appreciation, 2001, 2004, 2010
Plane Captain of the Year, 2000
Sea Service Ribbon, 2000, 2002, 2008, 2009, 2010
Overseas Service Ribbon, 2010, 2011
Campaign and Unit Awards
Meritorious Unit Commendations, 2000, 2004
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal, 2002
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal, 2003
Humanitarian Service Medal, 2000, 2011
Battle Efficiency “E,” 2002, 2008
Certified bi-lingual in Spanish and fluent in conversational Italian.
DOD Secret Security Clearance, Active