Executive Administrative Assistant
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
I am a high-performance bilingual Executive Administrative Assistant with 10+ years’ experience supporting presidents, vice presidents, directors and managers in financial, sales, training and customer relations operations. I am proficient in organizational leadership, teambuilding, and communication skills. Recognized for professionalism, creativity, resourcefulness and competence in managing administrative affairs, and supporting organizational goals.
Availity, Jacksonville, FL
Feb 2013 – Present Executive Administrative Assistant – SVP’s: Human Resource, Finance and Marketing
- I was responsible for performing advanced, diversified and confidential administrative, business management, and secretarial duties requiring in-depth, broad and comprehensive experience, skill and knowledge of an entrepreneurial organization’s practices.
- I reported to the SVP’s and had regular contact with senior staff and senior level external customers/agents.
- I coordinated executive-level and multiple–team travel arrangements including travel itineraries, boarding pass, weather forecast, agendas, hotels and rental cars, advances, etc. Verifying all travel arrangements the day prior and day of travel. Completed expense reports immediately following travel.
- Compiled data and prepared reports, presentations, and/or spreadsheets and displayed them in an organized manner.
- Conducted research, made assessments, interpreted data and made recommendations to management. Developed and maintained databases; assisted in departmental budget preparation.
- Prepared routine and non-routine correspondence, typed or word processed a variety of materials, including letters, memoranda, presentations, charts, interoffice communications, confidential reports, spreadsheets, and other correspondence, with responsibility for format, arrangement of attachments, correct spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- Managed and maintained SVP’s Human Resource, Finance, and Marketing calendars; arranged meetings/appointments as needed. Notifies attendees.
- Prepared agendas and materials for presentations.
- Scheduled and made necessary meeting arrangements.
- Identified and made recommendations for process and/or procedure improvements, and implements recommendations.
- Resolved routine and complex inquiries; coordinated special projects.
- Setup and maintained files of documents and records, ensuring accurate and logical organization of files. Maintained confidential files as necessary.
- Assisted with marketing and technology teams to document projects and its results, resource utilization, and other project aspects as needed.
- Created weekly/monthly status reports, identified potential issues with potential success, managed the change control process for projects, etc.
- Worked in a team environment and supported multiple team members.
- Solved technical issues (computer and telephone) as they occurred.
- Assisted in the coordination of Human Resource functions and duties that require access to confidential information – salaries, incentives, performance reviews, etc.
- Received, prioritized and summarized the SVP’s mail, took noticed of required actions and due dates.
- Set up telephone voice mail, internal and external badge access, supplies and instructions for newly hired employees.
- Retrieved documentation from exiting employees.
- Contacted key individuals inside and outside the company to obtain and relay important information on a variety of department specific issues.
- Worked on assignments that were complex in nature, where I implemented my judgment, tact, and initiative which was required to resolve problems.
Kaman Aerostructure, Inc. Jacksonville, FL
Sept 2009 – 2013 Contract Administrator
- Processed contracts, purchase and sales order, quote parts, lead-time, navigating company’s portal for the following Aerospace Corporation: Aernnova Aerospace, Bell Aerospace, Bombardier Aerospace and Incore Zodiac Aerospace, located in Mexico, Canada and Sikorsky Aerospace located United States.
- Identify buyer’s needs and develop/refine specifications for parts.
- Examined and processed purchase requisitions for completeness and accuracy of information; determined method to process requisition based on dollar amount and time required.
- Updated RFQ and RFCE records for awarded packages
- Prepared and initiated “Kickoff” meeting for new clients.
- Establish and maintain valuable working relationships with other employees, internal and external customers. Serves as a liaison between, Cost Estimator, Shipping, Management and Operations.
Jan – Sept 2009 Executive Administrative Assistant
- Provided administrative support to President. Coordinate: travel and hotel arrangements, conference/summit events.
- Anticipated organizational needs and initiated appropriate actions to obtain resources, technologies and personnel to meet the workload demands.
- Provided administrative support to company directors among others.
The Energy Authority, Inc., Jacksonville, FL
Oct 2006 – Jan 2009 Executive Administrative Assistant
- Provided administrative support to vice president of finance, trading, risk & compliance and controller, assistant controller, managerial staff, chief credit officer, director of communications, and accounting & settlement department.
- Coordinated: travel & hotel arrangements, conference/summit events. Anticipated organizational needs and initiated appropriate actions to obtain resources, technologies and personnel to meet peak workload demands.
- Consulted with human resources assistant, account payable assistant, to plan workload, and coordinate special projects and facilitate the entire administration function.
- Processed all invoices and distributed accordingly for approval, maintained all AP/AR files. Provided administrative support to the presidents’ executive administrator among others.
Jacksonville University, Jacksonville, FL
Sept 2004 – Sept 2005 Loan & Collections Administrator
· Processed loan verification certificates, AR collection invoices and payments, closed borrower accounts, disbursement loans to student accounts
· Processed and reviewed deferment and forbearance requests as well as clearinghouse activity, researched balance disputes from collection agencies and monitored past due contracts for delinquency, among other duties.
Mar 2003 – Feb 2004 Executive Administrative Assistant to the Vice President of Administrative Services-Chief Financial Officer and the Executive Director of Operations
- Calendar management: coordinated and scheduled appointments and meetings. Work efficiently and handled multiple projects.
- Distributed monthly and/or quarterly financial and investment mailings to all Board members. Produced presentation with PowerPoint and Excel as directed by the CFO.
- Supported the CFO and College Accountant with the components of the annual audit, initial meetings/audit confirms/maintenance of the distribution of the audit reports and 99 forms; along with the VP of Business and Finance responsible for the preparation of the annual budgets packets.
- Assisted with any budget administrations process. Interfaced with insurance brokers on supplemental information. Kept insurance files up to date and organized.
- Received daily mail, sorted and distribute properly; made copies of financial statements, handouts and other documents.
- Kept CFO apprised of time sensitive matters/mailings/phone calls/fax/scans and mailed letters and other documents.
- Organized and maintained files regularly for CFO in compliance with established procedures and standards to ensure completeness, confidentiality and easy retrieval.
- Planned, scheduled and coordinated Business and Finance meetings, retreats and other events with other departments. Prepared agendas, made copies, set up room, coordinated speakers, took and typed notes, ordered/picked up/layout refreshments, etc.
- Managed purchasing and monthly statements. Order supplies for the Business and Finance Department, and process inventory.
- Assisted with college purchases and order processes.
- Assisted with travel arrangements for the CFO and Business office staff as needed and processed expense reports, as well as managed petty cash.
- Assisted with commencement preparation and worked along with Dolores, Executive to the President
2000 - 2001 Administrative Assistant to 15 professors for the College of Business and MBA.
- Assisted Professors with the test banks, ordered textbooks and maintain supply room stocked.
- Assisted Ellen Lockamy, MBA/Executive MBA Director with enrollments, maintain appointment log, provided the utmost customer service, making sure
our JU grads were taken care of. I ordered textbook assisted with financial application and other documentation such as I-20 and the F-1 visa. I assisted with preparing snacks and beverage food stations for the MBA student to partake. Catered food for the Saturday student, assess room temperature Assisted with hell week. Created events all year around and celebrated holiday themes throughout the years. Assisted with commencement preparations, ordering cap and gown.
- Assisted Rody Borg and Dr Bill Crosby, Ruth O’Keefe, Dr. Pordeli, Ellen Lockamy, amongst other professors
University of Phoenix Jacksonville, FL
Masters in Business Administration Graduate May 2013
Jacksonville University Jacksonville, FL
Bachelor in Administration Graduate May 2007
Cleveland Institute of Technology Brooklyn, OH
Computer Secretarial Graduate April 1993
Army & Air Force Exchange Services Fort Bragg, NC
Management Seminars (28) Graduate September 1991
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND TRAINING
- Bilingual – Fluent in English and Spanish
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Powerpoint
- Sharepoint and Citrix (Customer Master)
- Understanding the FAR; (2) Country of Origin Requirements in Federal Government Contracts
- Upon Request