13144 Biggin Church Road
Jacksonville, Florida 32224
(904) 655-7033 Cell
Summary of Qualifications
A highly principled leader with proven skills in Operations Management. Known as a change agent who understands and implements service excellence to the customer, training and staff development, selection and hiring of the best and the brightest, and effective interaction with all levels of staff. Excellent communication and collaboration skill, and proven experience in leading, managing, mentoring and developing individuals to deliver superior quality service to all clients. Manager of principle and integrity, always demonstrating respect for the individual.
JPMorgan Chase Retail Mortgage Lending, Jacksonville, Fl 2005 to 2012
Vice President, Sr. Operations Manager
Managed six Teams of Loan Processors and Closing Department supporting the Chase Retail Sales Teams from South Florida, Louisiana, Georgia and New York.
· Hired, trained and built teams consisting of Team Managers, Team Leads, Sr. Loan Processors, and Closers to support influx of volume and growth while maintaining positive employee relations and minimal turnover, with a focus on quality, and compliance and investor requirements.
· Coached and mentored Team Managers developing their leadership skills as future leaders of Company. Resulted in two Team Manager’s promoted to Sr. Operation Managers.
· Led Teams to efficiently process HARP, HARP 2.0, FHA and Conventional mortgage loans meeting productivity goals, investor requirements, quality and compliance standards, and achieving customer service levels. Teams ranked #1 or #2 at Site for last two years.
· Worked closely with all levels of management and partners throughout the company to transition from Washington Mutual (Wholesale) to JPMorgan Chase (Retail). This also included change from SLIM Origination system to paperless environment with CLOSR. Successfully led effort achieving high morale.
· Liaison with Sales Team collaborating and building a strong partnership between Sales and Operations resulting in a win-win for sales, operations and customer.
· Managed Teams each processing approximately $30 million in mortgage loan applications each month. Monthly closings averaged 450 units per month. Consistently achieved goals monthly.
· Diligently worked with management team and sales force to develop Purchase Teams with a goal of meeting contract dates and providing a high level of service to build a successful referral business. Met contract dates on 85% of purchase files in process.
· Adept at handling customer escalations, and resolving complex operational and managerial issues.
· Actively participated on committee’s to develop Job Coach Plan, Purchase Strategy Training, and Roadmap, producing a higher level of efficiency, and improved level of service to the customer.
RBMG, INC, Jacksonville, Fl 2003 – 2004
Managed Retail Mortgage Fulfillment Center. Loans were originated from NetBank customers, ICBA Bank customers, and Consumer Direct applicants.
· Processed and closed an average of $65 million in loans per month.
· Established process improvements resulting in an average turn time per loan of 30 days.
· Initiated training programs for all partners within the Fulfillment Center.
· Developed reporting to manage pipeline levels.
Aames Home Loan Corporation, Irvine, CA 2002 – 2003
Regional Funding Manager/Jacksonville, Fl
Managed the Closing/Funding Departments within wholesale sub-prime mortgage loan operation directly responsible for three centers in Florida, Texas and Louisiana.
· Improved overall efficiency in document preparation, closing, funding and shipping.
· Average monthly volume of loans closed totaled $115 million between all three sites.
· Initiated a quality process improvement program reducing errors to less than 5%.
Merrill Lynch Credit Corporation (“MLCC”), Jacksonville, Fl 1986 – 2001
Vice President, Operations Manager (1994-2001)
Responsible for the approval, set-up, closing and monitoring of assets utilized as collateral in lieu of a down payment for the Mortgage 100 Program. Accountable for relationship between MLCC and the ML Financial Consultant (“FC”), and team effort to meet the needs of the nationwide clients. Managed staff of 88.
· Contributed to the development of an upfront securities engine for integration with Cendant origination system, PHHORCE, for upfront approval of securities.
· Collaborated with Cendant to integrate the securities lending piece into the CA$H system for processing and closing Mortgage 100 loans.
· Instrumental in directing process improvements resulting in greater efficiency and reduction of errors. Efficiently processed 60% of all MLCC mortgages through the Mortgage 100 loan program.
· MLCC was 1997 Winner of the Malcolm Baldridge National Quality Award.
· SBL achieved ‘Finalist’ status for the Florida Sterling Award and the RIT/USA Today Quality Cup Award.
Operations Manager (1986 – 1994)
Instrumental in the relocation and transition of MLCC from Connecticut to Jacksonville, Fl in 1989. Successfully planned and engineered the development and implementation of the MLCC Western Division Mortgage Loan Production Unit combining the functions of Client Services, Loan Processing and Closing.
Central Connecticut State University, New Britain, Ct.
Fairfield University, Fairfield, Ct.
University of North Florida, Jacksonville, Fl
Certification Program in Management Practices