W. NEAL OWENS
2645 Cobblestone Forest Drive ÂŸ Jacksonville, FL 32225ÂŸ 904-738-3191 ÂŸ email@example.com
Goal-oriented manager with over 27 years of experience in pest control and termite sales, product application, account management and customer service. Highly knowledgeable in all areas of industry-wide chemicals as well as extensive experience developing sales in new market areas. An independent thinker who is self motivated, productive, efficient and high energy.
TRAD’S PEST CONTROL, Jacksonville, FL 2009-2013
Termite & Pest Control Manager/Head Purchaser (2011-2013)
Managed all facets of the termite and pest control departments while working with vendors to acquire best pricing on chemicals for all departments, including lawn and ornamental. Supervised a team of technicians in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment. Generated sales, planned strategies, supported internal and external customers including addressing complaints, team development and hiring.
- Streamlined chemical products being used across departments and negotiated reduced chemical pricing by 30%
- Addressed customer inquiries and issues as well as revitalized rapport with unsatisfied customers to save their business
- Oversaw integration of acquired competitor’s accounts, including contract transition, establishment of new records and incorporation into existing routes
- Restructured assignment of routes by implementing new software thereby gaining efficiency through generation of more consistent and effective schedules for technicians and customers
- Anticipated problems and communicated operation plans, including fluctuations in sales volumes and customer retention throughout the year
- Assessed individual and team performance and provided candid and timely feedback regarding developmental and training needs; actively supported employee development.
- Acquired FL Termite license
Sales Representative (2009-2010)
Led sales efforts for Trad’s Pest Control through self-generated and company-generated leads.
- Sold $210,000 in new residential business in one year.
- Acted as a subject matter expert in chemical usage, treatment techniques and contract set-up.
ALL SEASON’S PEST CONTROL, Jacksonville, FL
Sales Representative (January 2009-June 2009)
Through self-generated leads for commercial business and company-generated/cold leads for residential business, achieved $59,000 in new business in six months.
ENVIRO-SAFE PEST MANAGEMENT, INC., Jacksonville, FL
Consultant (November 2007 – March 2008)
Partnered with the owner to gain efficiency with time management, proper routing and sales. Within three months, business was running more efficiently and showing a profit for the first time in over five years.
ENVIRO-SAFE MOSQUITO MANAGEMENT, INC., Jacksonville, FL
Owner/Vice President of Operations (May 2007-October 2007)
Launched mosquito misting business. After five months, merged with Enviro-Safe Pest Management.
UNIVAR USA, INC., Jacksonville, FL
Outside Sales Representative (February 2001 – February 2007)
Responsible for chemical sales and account management from Fernandina Beach to New Smyrna Beach.
- Achieved an average of 8% growth monthly for 5 years
- Began with $3.2 million sold and 268 customers
- Despite Univar downsizing customer base to 100 accounts, EPA removing products from the market, and a chemical manufacturer dropping products from their distributorship, restored sales from $2.3 million to $3.2 million in under 2 years
- Earned award in 2006 for $78,000 increase in net profit margin
- Established marketing program to increase counter sales
- Created a new technique for introducing Univar’s sales concepts and products to customers
- Taught state-mandated continuing education classes for customer base
ECO-LOGIC SALES AND MARKETING, Jacksonville, FL
Vice President (1996-2001)
Acted as independent sales representative for Nisus Corporation, a chemical manufacturing company. Acted as an independent sales representative for Chapin Manufacturing, an equipment manufacturer.
- Increased sales in the southeast region from $100K to $1.8 million in 2 years for Nisus Corporation
- Increased sales in the southeast region from $35K to $156K in 2 years for Chapin Manufacturing
- Designed and built new concepts in service equipment
- Oversaw end-to-end process for bringing new products to the pest control industry
OTHER RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
Graduated from A/C & Heating Refrigeration Mechanics School
LICENSES & CERTIFICATION
Florida Termite and Wood Destroying Organism License
Quality Pro Certified through NPMA
Professional Sales Skills Training completed by Achieve Global
Various conferences and seminars including customer relations, account retention and instructional techniques